Monday, June 27, 2016

A week of awards

This week I was honored to accept an incredible slate of awards: a Gracies Award, an Emma Award, and the Betty Endicott Scholarship. I have never cried more tears of joy in my life. I really can't believe everything that happened!

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you to the Alliance for Women in Media, The National Capital Chesapeake Emmys, The Emma Bowen Foundation, The Grand Hyatt Hotel, WUSA-TV, and American University.

Thank you to my family, my friends, my professors, my peers, my colleagues and everyone else who has walked into my life. Each and every one of you made an impact and I'm in tears thinking of it all. Thank you so so so much. I am forever grateful!

PHOTOS:
The Emma Awards
An Emma Award for Influence.
 With ABC News Correspondent Gio Benitez!
Watch him on Good Morning America, 20/20, Nightline, and World News Tonight
He wrote an amazing post about me on Instagram! See it here: http://bit.ly/28WFNag
With CBS New York Anchor Kristine Johnson
Moments like this remind me why I love being an Emma Bowen Foundation Fellow!
With Tony Ambrosio, Senior Executive Vice President of CBS Corporation

The Gracies
Holding my Gracie Award for Outstanding Online Producer
Me and my younger brother!
With my friends from the Alliance of Women in Media at the Grand Hyatt Hotel!

The Emmys
Acceptance Speech
He's my brother and best friend
The BEST date any girl could ask for: MY DAD !
 With American University alum and long time News Anchor Derek McGinty
Star Investigative Reporter, Erin Van der Bellen
Me and this future doctor!
 American University takes on the Emmys.
Andrea McCarren and Bunce the dog! Bunce won his first Emmy!!

5 comments

  1. Congrats Murugi....Am proud of you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!! I wish I knew who this was!
      Thanks so much, that is sweet <3

      Delete
  2. Awesome pics!!!! super coooool M-dawg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe!! Thank you Beckie!! You dah best!

      Delete