Sunday, January 29, 2017

21 Things I liked about being 21


21 Things I liked about being 21 -- in no particular order
  1. Traveling to Brazil for the 2016 Olympic Games. It's still hard to place the kind extreme happiness I felt while in Rio! I am just so grateful.
  2. Voting for the first time.
  3. Attending protests and rallies in DC.
  4. Photographing my first concert! (PC: Anna Moneymaker)
  5. Traveling to Kenya and meeting amazing new people. 
  6. Climbing a volcano in the Great Rift Valley.
  7. Snorkeling in the Indian Ocean.
  8. Winning awards for my professional work -- especially the Gracie Award!
  9. Finding new music.
  10. Becoming an E-Board member of my school's photo club.
  11. Finding and keeping mentors.
  12. Making a short film with some of my friends.
  13. Meeting people from different backgrounds and hearing their stories --> Especially during LGBT Pride Month.
  14. Soaking up the end of college and really enjoying it. 
  15. Covering the 2017 Inauguration of Donald J. Trump and the Women's March on Washington for work.
  16. Meeting Laverne Cox!!
  17. Working for my school's photography department, an extremely rewarding job.
  18. Learning more about myself this year than I did last year.
  19. Drinking.
  20. Finding my voice as a photographer.
  21. Getting one step closer to graduation and envisioning the next phase of my life.

Post a Comment